Rodolfo was born and raised in Cuba, where he had a PhD in forensic anthropology from the University of Havana and worked as the head forensic anthropologist for the Cuban government. He was able to defect and get asylum in the United States, but since his doctorate isn't valid there, he is studying to get an American degree.
He has a very similar personality to Brennan, although he has far more people skills. Like Bones, he is self-asserting, confident, arrogant according to some people, and strongly follows the evidence. He's also rather adorable personality-wise, and rather funny although he makes a bad first impression with all the woman in the lab because he thinks he can get in their pants, especially Dr. Brennan. Angela on the other hand seems to think he is quite the charmer and rather good looking.
He is an atheist. And he loves chainsaws.
- Rodolfo was supposed to come back for the final two episodes of the series, but Ignacio Serricchio was ultimately not able to appear.
- His grandfather was a part of Kennedy's invasion in the Bay of Pigs
- He reported having personally met Fidel Castro
- Actor Ignacio Serricchio played chef Alejandro Lopez-Fernando in The Last Meal in the spin-off series: The Finder. Chef Lopez-Fernando's specialty dish is Ropa Vieja (the old clothes), which Dr. Fuentes states in The Repo Man in the Septic Tank that his father taught him to cook.
- He revealed that he performs a Double Red Blood Cell Donation every four months in The Steal in the Wheels.
- Rodolfo Fuentes and Jessica Warren are a play on Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy The 200th in the 10th