After discovering the body of a man involved with creating artificial intelligence bots, the team must figure out whether the victim's own A.I. bot was programmed to kill him. In the meantime, Bones plans a special surprise for everyone for her 40th birthday.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J. Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- James Aubrey - John Boyd
Intern of the WeekEdit
- Ryan O'Neal as Max Keenan
- Doug Budin as Donald
- Melanie Paxson as Patty
- Paul Bartholomew as Ian Goldberg
- Aasha Davis as Kate Dalton
- Max Adler as Randy Stringer
- Jed Rees as Alan
- Justin Welborn as Matthew Coburn
- Dana Woods as AMI
- Patrick Gallagher as Dave Esposito
- Sunnie Pelant as Christine Booth
- Ajani Wrighster as Riley
- Real Love Sex Doll Becky as A.I. Sex Doll
- Brennan turns 40 in this episode. In Biblical Numerology, the number 40 actually means Death.
- Daisy Wick gets a new job with the NFL and Angela gets a grant that had to go to either her or Brennan. Brennan reveals that she recommended Daisy for the job and nominated Angela for the grant. Brennan did a remarkable acting job when confronted with both matters during the episode and successfully fooled everyone due to Brennan historically being a terrible liar.
- At the end of the episode, Max Keenan drops what appears to be a hospital bracelet and appears to secretly be worried about something.
- Booth reveals that he has gotten Zack Addy an appeal date for a couple of months into the future. The judge agreed to the appeal for the purposes of hearing new evidence. Though Brennan hasn't found anything yet, Booth expresses faith that she will succeed in time.
- Daisy: I really need your advice.
Hodgins: I would say 'shoot,' but you did once put a bullet in my arm.