In the series' penultimate episode, each leading character's final story begins to unfold. Brennan testifies for Zack in trial, Angela reveals some big news, while Aubrey and Jessica come to terms about their future together. All the while, the team discovers Kovac has escaped, leaving Booth in a race against the clock to protect himself and those closest to him from what may be Kovac's most dangerous plan yet.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J. Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- James Aubrey - John Boyd
Intern of the Week
- Clark Edison - Eugene Byrd
- Wendell Bray - Michael Grant Terry
- Arastoo Vaziri - Pej Vahdat
- Daisy Wick - Carla Gallo
- Jessica Warren - Laura Spencer
- Zack Addy - Eric Millegan
- Caroline Julian - Patricia Belcher
- Avalon Harmonia - Cyndi Lauper
- Christine Booth - Sunnie Pelant
- Hank Booth Jr. - Leighton & Jackson Rapo
- Karen Delfs - Sara Rue
- Felicia Saroyan- Raney Branch
- Michelle Welton- Tiffany Sharee Hines
- Jeannine Kovac - Brittany Shaw Johns
- Celia Stockwell - Meagan Fay
- Representative - Adrian Bustamante
- Dancer - Joann Coleman
- "Diamond Disco" by The Infatuations
- "Nothing Without You" by L. Young
- "You're Just in Love (feat. Adam Tunney)" by City of Los Angeles All Stars, Richard Geere and Adam Tunney
- "Our Style" by Animal Island
- This is the last episode with Eric Millegan as Zack Addy to appear in total of 64 episodes.
- Booth draws the two cards of "Temperance" and "Death" in this episode, the same cards that he draws in "Harbingers in the Fountain."
- This episode concludes the recurring plotline of Zack's exoneration. Zack is proven innocent for the murder of Ray Porter thanks to the remains found in The Steel in the Wheels, but must serve out the remaining thirteen months on his sentence for aiding a known killer.
- Angela reveals she's pregnant for a second time. In many previous episodes, she mentioned how she always wanted a large family; and in The Doom in the Boom, Hodgins agreed they were ready to have another child. The two worry about the possibility that their child will be born blind, something they worried about before in The Blackout in the Blizzard.
- Booth is unable to get through the Jeffersonian's main entrance, as Cam mentions the glass door is bulletproof. In The Proof in the Pudding, Booth shot through the door to get in. It's very likely the door was made bulletproof after that incident.