The Ghost in the Killer is the 12th episode of the ninth season of Bones.
The Jeffersonian team investigates the death of Lana Brewster, a girl whose remains are delivered to Brennan and Booth's home by someone who believes her death 18 years ago was no accident. When the team discovers that Lana was murdered and her death was covered up, people from her past become key suspects, including an ex-boyfriend with whom Hodgins was friends. Meanwhile, Brennan starts having dreams again about evil tech genius Pelant, and about a potentially more heinous killer, whom she realizes could be involved with Lana's death.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- Lance Sweets - John Francis Daley
Intern(s) of the Week
- Christopher Pelant - Andrew Leeds
- Trent McNamara - Mitchell Fink
- Stephanie McNamara - Kelly Rutherford
- Dan Brewster - Chad Donella
- Erika Stamp - Heather McComb
- Donna Hastings - Eileen Grubba
- "Call Off the Hunt (Bonus Track)" by LOWPINES
- In the opening scene Pelant tells Bones that she never should've shot him because she won't find the serial killer alone. Bones never shot Pelant, Booth did.
- Angela: I never knew you sailed.
Hodgins: I was a rich kid. We had to sail and have at least one girlfriend named Muffy. It's in the charter.
Hodgins: Yeah, I dumped her for Binky. Now Binky, Binky was hot.
Angela: Oh my god, I am so disoriented right now.