After a famous crossword puzzle master is found in an urban fracking site, the Jeffersonian team investigates puzzle champ's fellow players in order to track down the killer. After discovering that the victim was suffering from a mental illness when he died, the team realizes the case is much more complicated than it seemed. Meanwhile, a very pregnant Daisy (guest star Carla Gallo) seeks comfort from her doula, Valentina (guest star Mindy Cohn), and the newest member of the Jeffersonian family arrives.
- Temperance Brennan - Emily Deschanel
- Seeley Booth - David Boreanaz
- Jack Hodgins - T.J Thyne
- Angela Montenegro - Michaela Conlin
- Camille Saroyan - Tamara Taylor
- James Aubrey- John Boyd
Intern of the WeekEdit
- Mindy Cohn as Valentina
- Debbon Ayer as Emilia Brooks
- Alison Haislip as Alexis Sherman
- Sean Marquette as Emory Stewart
- Tracey Costello as Doctor
- Terryn Westbrook as Nurse
- Sam Lloyd as Donald McKeon
- Jack Topalian as Richie Williams
- Angela: Honey, we need to talk about Daisy. She's shopping for crystals. She told me that her doula told her that if she found the right one, that it would channel positive energy into her womb and make the birth painless. I told her it was like having a minivan drive out of you, no matter how many crystals you buy.
Brennan: Wait, didn't Daisy ask for general anesthesia when she had her tooth filled?